Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Last Weekend in Chicago

On Friday, Lila and Finn met my mom at the airport.  The kids were super cute crawling around airport and I was so excited to show them off to my mom.  In the evening we met up with the Ginge and his mom at Xoco, one of our favorite restaurants.  The food was great and we got to see the owner, Rick Bayless, in the kitchen.  


On Saturday, I moved out of my apartment.  Loading the truck was super quick, but cleaning my apartment took forever.  My mom's philosophy is to leave the place cleaner than when you moved in.  After 4.5 hours that place sparkled.  That night we went to a little going away party with all the great people I have met through the Ginge.  They are such great people and I'm going to miss them a lot.   Hopefully, I will get a visit from a few of them.  






More goodbyes on Sunday.  I had lunch with a close friend, Mina and her family.  It is hard to believe that the next time I will see her she will have two kids and living in the suburbs.  




With all of the goodbyes and moving out, I still feel like October 4th is far away.  I don't think this experience will feel real until I board the plane to L.A.   


Samoan News:


After all of us make it to Samoa, we will spend 11 days in Apia in an air conditioned hotel!  Then, the group will split up amongst four villages for the remaining 7 weeks of training.  After training we will be placed in our village for the remainder of our service.

No comments:

Post a Comment