Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Group 83

Over the past few days I have been lucky enough to get in touch with 7 other PCV that are going to Samoa on October 5!!! We are considered Group 83 because we will be the 83 group to serve in Samoa since the Peace Corps started volunteering in Samoa. We have been sending emails back and forth, getting to know each other, and swapping helpful packing tips. I'm very fortunate to have found these people because I feel as though I'm not going on this adventure alone anymore.

Through the grapevine I found out there are 22 of us in Group 83. 20 of the PCVs are in their 20's and two are over 50. When we get to L.A. for staging, we will meet up with 25 people headed for Tonga and then fly to Samoa together.

I'm excited to meet who will be volunteering in Tonga, so when I visit I will have someone to show me around!



No comments:

Post a Comment