Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Going Away Party in Colorado

The fact that I am going to be halfway around the world in two weeks is crazy to me.  I know these two weeks are going to fly by, but leaving still seem really far away.    


This past weekend, the Ginge and I went home to Colorado to say a few goodbyes.  On Friday, we went up to Boulder and met a great group of friends for dinner at The Rio.  After dinner, a few of us went out for drinks and reminisce about old times.  I had such a great time seeing old friends and will miss everyone dearly.  I am looking forward to hearing updates on life back home while I am gone.  Hopefully not too many people will get married and have babies by December 2012! 






On Saturday, we lounged around and prepared for dinner at the house.  A small group of friends and mentors came over for a good home cooked meal.  I had another great night catching up with more friends and showing everyone my Samoan "wardrobe."  I am pretty sure I will see most of those people the next time I'm back in town, so there were no tears or sadness at dinner.  





On Sunday, the fam woke up early and went to a delicious brunch at Lucille's.  I don't know how much weight I have gained from eating at all of my favorite restaurants before I leave.  Then the Ginge and I headed back to Chicago to spend a night at a fancy hotel downtown. 


Now it's back to packing up the apartment, getting the flu shot, and saying more goodbyes.   Stay tuned for pics, I left my camera at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment