Thursday, September 30, 2010

Last Day in Chicago

Tuesday was my last day with the kids before I flew back to Colorado.  The twins and I had a fun day running errands, eating lunch together, and picking Ella up from school.  I didn't think it was going to be as hard as it was to leave the Dunne family.  They have been a huge part of my life in Chicago and I will miss them all so much.  I am really excited to watch them grow through Emma's blog.  Below are a few pictures of the twins, Lila and Finn, and their older sister Ella.






After a tearful goodbye to Emma, my jam  packed evening continued with dinner, a hair cut, and drinks with a friend.  And by hair cut, I mean I chopped it all off!!

The more I talk to people about where they think they will be in two years, the more real Samoa is becoming.  People will have had babies, gotten married, changed jobs, and possibly moved away.  I'm struggling with the fact that I am going to miss a lot of important events in peoples lives.  However, there is not much I can do about it besides trying to keep in touch as best as possible and visiting home for really important events.  
Now I say good bye to Chicago, I will not miss your winters and will return sooner than you know it,  and head home to Colorado for a few days of last minute errands and family time.  

2 comments:

  1. they are beautiful katie! Im sure you will miss them but I bet the Samoan babies will be super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair looks sooo cute short!!!!

    ReplyDelete