Monday, September 13, 2010

21 Days Before Staging

It's hard to believe I only have 21 days before I fly to LA for staging. Staging is a fancy word for orientation where I will learn what is expected of me, what happens next, and I get to ask questions. All of which happens the day I fly to Samoa. I think that's going to be overwhelming, but maybe it's supposed to be. The funniest part about Staging is the required business casual attire. What am I supposed to do with my business casual clothes in Samoa for two years? Silliness, I'm thinking I might mail them back home.

The closer my leave date gets, the more I realize how much I'm going to miss back home.
Halloween
Fall veggies
Watching the leaves change

On the other hand, the closer my leave date gets, the more excited I get about the next chapter in my life as a Peace corps Volunteer.

2 comments:

  1. hey. Bring something or business attire that you think might work here.. Dresses and skirts are good. I wore heels to our staging and gave them away to someone not too long after arriving!
    As for Halloween, our group made a Halloween party for our training village and it was a blast, so if you have something you can use as a modest looking costume you should bring it!
    Enjoy your time in America!
    Lili group 82

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samoa Hacienda

    The house looks nice i am happy you had such great success...........

    samoa hotel Apia

    ReplyDelete